ZDMT #20-#22

To my publisher’s (and publicist’s) chagrin and remorse, I have cancelled my final three appearances in the U.S. on the Zero Degree of Meaning Tour at, respectively, Pandemonium Books & Games in Cambridge, the Axis Club in Boston, and Left Bank Books in NYC. The reason for this unforeseen turn of events will remain my own. The good news is I have begun to write another pop song. So far, it goes:

Pituitary gland.
Pituitary gland.
Pituitary gland.
The pituitary gland.

Pythagorean’s theorem!
Pythagorean’s theorem!
Pythagorean’s theorem!
Pythagorean’s fuckin’ theorem!

[CHORUS]
When the sphere goes down and I git that itch,
gonna reap the equation, gonna make like on ostrich
and bury my head in the congruent earth
and mark a perimeter with the sky and the surf.

I still need two more verses. Working title: “Pituitary Gland vs. Pythagorean’s Theorem.”

THE ZDMT will resume in Canada on Feburary 1 at the Voodoo Nightclub in Winsor. In the meantime, I will be in the Waiting Room gazing listlessly out the Tall Window . . .